Ownerless IBM Connections Communities – Python Script for the rescue (and you can use it as Nagios Plugin as well)
We have a lot of ownerless IBM Connections Communities in our environment and I guess every Connections Admin faces this issue in his system.
I haven’t created a python script for a while, so challenge accepted. My specific task was:
- Don’t use JDBC for DB connections
- Create a python script which finds all ownerless Communities
- Use the same script as Nagios Plugin
- Integrate the script into our Nagios Monitoring
After some hours the result looks like this as CLI:
And that’s how it looks like in Nagios:
- Use ibm_db for IBM DB2 connections in python
- Creating Nagios plugins is easy
- The data inside the DBs gives you a lot of power
I plan to enhance the script with some housekeeping functions like “Show me all Communities which weren’t changed since x-days”…
and of course will share the source code later on.
Which additional functions would you need, suggestions? Your feedback is very welcome 🙂