Did you know that there is a Search Admin page in IBM Connections?

To be honest I didn’t knew this and I always struggled with all these *not so* intuitive wsadmin commands to check my indexes.

Thx to Michele Buccarello, his Community Article on “Understanding Server Status page for Search Application in IBM Connections 4.5” just helped me a lot!

There is a really nice Search Admin page, look here (http://your_connections_server/search/serverStatus):

Status of Search Service

Comments

Petter Kjeilen

Tried your tip, but only get a page not found message..

Klaus Bild

Is the user in the search-admin role of the search application?

Brian Wert

Does this work for Connections 4 or just 4.5? I have a Search admin for each application and also have one listed in the search admin role for the search application. Still get page not found when I try to go to /search/serverStatus

Brian Wert

Funny thing, the url is /search/serverStats instead of /search/serverStatus
Now it is working 🙂
thanks for this post, great information.

Klaus Bild

Sorry for the confusion, my fault, it’s definitely /search/serverStatus for the Search Admin Interface (and this is not documented for V4.5 nor 4). The link I shared with you only shows you how to access Search metrics (/search/serverStats) -> so I guess the Admin interface was added with version 4.5 and it is still undocumented

Michael Meli

Good job Klaus! IBM needs to improve and correct their documentation, specially for the Connections upgrade part. Also I don’t get it why they can not come up with an administation UI for basic tasks like indexing, role management and simple customizations. This would also increase the customer acceptance. The homepage administration is a joke. Cheers – Michael